While the world still stay shocked at the fact that Marvel will be changing Thor to a female, we’ve been hit with another bombshell!
Marvel has confirmed that Captain America will be an African-American!
How? Well, Falcon, who is the partner of Captain America will be taking over his his long-time ally.
“It’s about time,” Marvel executive editor, Tom Brevoort said.
He added that “in 2014, this should be a thing that we shrug off, it shouldn’t be seen as revolutionary, but it still feels exciting.”
But if you think the publisher will be killing the original Captain America, Steve Rodgers, you’d be wrong.
This change is prompted only because in the story, Rodgers would be at age 90.
In 2007, Captain America’s original sidekick, Bucky took over when Rodger was supposedly killed off.
So, no one is really sure as of yet, exactly how the publishers will make the transition.
“And that just makes us more aware that we have more readers of different backgrounds who are hungry for characters who come from circumstances like their own. Our creators take that seriously,” Tom Brevoort said on “The View” this week.
The new series “The All-new Captain American” is set to launch this November.
Steve Harvey has made a mistake — a very big mistake.
During Sunday night’s Miss Universe, the host called out Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez as the winner of the highly publicized competition. Expect, Gutierrez wasn’t the winner. Miss Philippines, Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach, was.
“Okay, folks,” he explained. “I have to apologize. The first runner-up is Colombia.”
Harvey then announced that Wurtzbach was, in fact, the winner, and the camera then panned to the contestant, who looked visibly shocked after seeing Gutierrez’s celebration. The awkward moment was broadcast live on Fox, over several different countries.
Harvey went on to say sorry on his Twitter, writing, “I’d like to apologize wholeheartedly to Miss Colombia & Miss Philippines for my huge mistake. I feel terrible. Secondly, I’d like to apologize to the viewers at that I disappointed as well. Again it was an honest mistake.”
“I don’t want to take away from this amazing night and pageant,” he went on. “As well as the wonderful contestants. They were all amazing.”
He tweeted a similar apology earlier, but misspelled the names of both countries, so the message was quickly deleted.
Former “Biggest Loser” trainer, Jillian Michaels, has come out to reveal why she decided to leave the reality competition.
Jillian took a break from the show for one season in 2006 but then, later announced that she would be permanently leaving the show in 2010, after she returned from her one-season break.
However, in 2013, she returned to “The Biggest Loser,” only to shockingly announced that she is resigning from her post last month.
She told People magazine that although she is “grateful to the show” and “sad to leave,” she confessed that the show’s producers and her have not been in agreement over some issues for some time now.
Jillian also pointed that the recent episodes of the show have not portrayed the full picture.
“In the beginning of the show it was tough love. You saw the tough, and you saw the love.” she said.
“(But in recent episodes) you saw none of the relationships, none of the bonds that I build with my clients. Millions of people have this warped negative perception of me,” she added.
One incident, though, that has really pricked her was when she was accused of cheating by allowing her team to take caffeine pills without the show’s producers’ consent.
That incident even rippled down to affect her daughter’s when her daughter’s camp-mate said: “I know who your mom is – she’s a cheater. I saw it on TV.”
Where will the personal trainer move on to now is not confirmed but she has quite intelligently stated: “I came to the conclusion that moving forward, I need to be able to have an impact on the outcome of what I do.”
IP Man 3, the latest instalment in the Donnie Yen-starring franchise about the legendary Wing Chun grandmaster, has broken the all-time box-office record for highest-grossing opening weekend for a Chinese movie in Malaysia.
Ip Man 3 was released on Dec 24, and grossed over RM12mil in four days, an impressive haul considering the box office juggernaut that is Star Wars: The Force Awakens is still playing in cinemas.
Yen, who was in Malaysia recently to promote the movie, had expressed confidence that the movie will do well despite the presence of Star War: The Force Awakens.
“I think the audience has a choice of watching more than one film. At the end of the day, you should be able choose what you want to watch,” he said at an interview.
Producer Raymond Wong was equally confident, saying at the same interview that he hoped Ip Man 3 would be able to make at least RM20mil.
Distributed in Malaysia by Lotus Five Star, Ip Man 3 is directed by Wilson Yip and also stars former wushu champion Max Zhang Jin as a rival Wing Chun master, Lynn Hung as Ip Man’s wife, and former heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson as a Hong Kong crime lord.
Sony is moving its untitled animated Spider-Man movie back five months, setting a Dec. 21, 2018, release date for what will be its seventh film about the Marvel superhero.
Sony Pictures chairman Tom Rothman had unveiled the animated project in April at Cinemacon with “The Lego Movie” directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller writing the treatment and producing with an eye to directing. The movie had been set to hit theaters on July 20, 2018.
The animated Spider-Man is the first film to be dated in December 2018.
See More:Animated ‘Ghostbusters’ Film in the Works at Sony
Sony unveiled its rebooted live-action “Spider-Man” in February and set a debut on July 28, 2017. Marvel’s Kevin Feige and Sony’s Amy Pascal will produce that movie with a teenage version of Peter Parker, with Tom Holland cast as the webslinger.
Holland will make his first appearance as Spider-Man in Marvel-Disney’s “Captain America: Civil War,” which opens May 6.
Tobey Maguire toplined in Sony’s first three Spider-Man movies and Andrew Garfield starred in the next two.